In this video I share some of my best strategies for Designing for Your Brain. Designing for Your Brain is about applying what we know about how brains work to design our everyday experiences, goals, and intentions in a way that optimizes our overall ability to shape our attention, memory, and focus. Instead of trying to control our attention we learn to Continue reading
ADHD Awareness Expo 2014
I’m excited about this year’s ADHD Awareness Expo 2014 starting October 26. I’ll be appearing along with 30 other top ADHD expert speakers. I’ll be sharing some of my best strategies for “Agilizing your Goals” and magnetizing yourself to get into action. Hope you can join me!
This is the model I reference during my interview.
I appeared on ADHD Support Talk Radio, discussing the agile way of dealing with and preventing emotional overwhelm.
LISTEN TO REPLAY BELOW
- The role of emotions in cultivating performance and productivity
- Cultivating emotional resilience and intelligence is a high impact productivity strategy for everyone and particularly for creatives, HSP (Highly Sensitive People), ADHD, Gifted Adults, and other neurodiverse individuals.
- How your personal metaphors affect your emotional life and how you handle conflict.
- Common metaphors that affect what you perceive is normal, acceptable, or disordered.
- The car and plane metaphors for different personality and productivity styles. Continue reading
Welcome to life in perpetual beta. There’s almost no time to plan. Nothing seems to follow the plan even if you do have one. Conventional time management strategies are inadequate to the challenges of the digital age.
Agile Time Management™ offers a whole new organic approach to juggling the 8 Dances of Life™ that works for creatives, ADHD, gifted, neurodiverse and anyone who desires a simpler, more enjoyable and flexible way to organize their lives.
Session Description: Organizing Your Time – The AgiliZen Way
Join me and discover:
- The benefits of the Agile way of orchestrating the 8 Dances of Life™
- Your time management style and how it affects the way you get things done
- How to design Agile goals that inspire you
- How to cultivate habits that reduce stress and overwhelm
- Powerful Mantras to inspire putting Agile into Action
This class is over. Here’s a Video Clip from the class.
Thursday, January 17, 2013
7:00 PM Eastern
4:00 PM Pacific
INCLUDES Downloadable MP3 and PDF of slides so if you can’t attend live you can still attend!
REGISTRATION IS CLOSED
Organize Your Time: Agile Time Management Strategies – Featured in the “Organize Your Life” Webinar Series
If getting organized is one of your new year’s intentions, join me and other experts including Judith Kohlberg, Ramona Creel, Elizabeth Hagan, Allison Carter!
Allison organizes this annual event to celebrate Get Organized month with a series of high quality learning experiences to help you focus, plan, and organize your time, space, and information. CEU credits are available for professional organizers.
Designing Stress Out of Your Holidays
Presented October 18, 2012
Ariane Benefit is interviewed by Michelle Barone – a special event for the “Finding Your Way” Home Schooling Community
Note: We talk a little about homeschooling in the beginning but then the rest of the class is relevant to everyone and particularly to parents of neurodiverse kids. Hope you find something helpful in this for you!
Highlights of Topics Covered
- Hidden Sources of Holiday Stress
- Dealing with Stress and Anxiety Triggers
- Tips for simplifying gift-giving, card sending
- Managing expectations
- Setting boundaries gracefully
- Designing disappointment out of the way we make plans
- Helping ADHD, Asperger’s, Neurodiverse Kids reduce stress
- Negotiating happy compromises to get the rewards of both being spontaneous and planning ahead
Would love to hear your favorite tips from this class – just post a comment below. Thank you!
- Which of these tips might you try this year?
- How are you reducing stress and simplifying your holidays this year?
ARTICLE: Get my holiday organizing tips in writing!
Listen & View the Slides below.
Related Articles from my Neat & Simple Living Blog
- Simplifying the Holidays
- Clutter-free Holiday Gift Ideas!
- Checklist to Simplify Sending Holiday Cards
MORE RESOURCES YOU MIGHT LIKE
I’m appearing at the ADHD EXPO Online 2012 along with 25 other ADHD Experts, Coaches and Doctors!
October 14 – 20, 2012
The Expo is a great place to find support to understand and treat ADD / ADHD. Whether you or a loved one have ADHD, or think you might, you will get lots of great ideas from 25 of the leading ADHD experts, doctors, therapists, educators and coaches in the world.
Speakers are appearing by video to share their best tips and strategies.
Sign up at www.adhdexpo.com/
Just a few of the leading experts you’ll see…
- Sari Solden
- Nancy Ratey
- Dr. Charles Parker
- Melissa Orlov
- Dr. Roberto Olivardia
- Dr. Rory Stern
- Jennifer Koretsky
- Dr. Ari Tuckman
- Dr. Stephanie Sarkis
- Terry Matlen
- David Giwerc
Look forward to connecting with you there!
I’ll be in the chat room as often as I can be. Look for me there!
Want to send me a note or comment about my video appearance? Comment Below.
Want to Learn More Now?
Check out recordings of and clips from some of my past classes on Agile Life Design, ADHD, Organizing, Time Management, and more.
I was Interviewed by Akilah Richards for the Excellence in Relationships TeleSummit™ about Agile Life Design and what it takes to design your life and your work to FIT you so that you can have healthier relationships and become more impactfully productive.
QUOTES FROM THE PRESENTATION posted as they were listening…
When you trust that you will make the best of things even when they don’t turn as you hoped or expected, you actually can’t fail — there is no longer any such thing as “waste” — EVERY experience then becomes an “investment” in your becoming ready for success. This is the deepest level of self-confidence and inner security.
“When you really get that there is no such thing as wasting time, that is the most profound state of faith, freedom and motivated action you can experience.”
“You cannot be ready for success until you are ready for failure.”
”I don’t say yes to something unless I’m willing to fail at it.”
“Instead of bossing yourself around, think of yourself as a client and partner with yourself!”
There is more than one way to look at reliability….
“I can count on myself to recover, more than I can count on myself NOT to mess up. I am going to mess up.”
“It’s not about “fixing” your life, it’s about noticing what’s needed.”
LISTEN TO THE AGILE LIFE DESIGN CLASS
Here are some of the quotes that people posted on Facebook after the program…
- Thank You Ariane! I realized that there are a lot of ideas that I have not acted on because of the fear of failure. However, when I look back on my journey I’m really good at putting the pieces back together. Failure is not so bad after all – Jen Rogers
- I learned so much from that call, and I feel a renewed sense of trust in my journey. – A. Richards
- The 8 Habits of Personal Agility
- Realizing Your Potential – Agile Life Management Strategies for Gifted, ADHD, Creative, Neurodiverse (NEAT & SIMPLE LIVING)
- On Designing an Agile Life that Embraces Your Differences
- Agile Self-Leadership – Think of the parts of yourself as an inner team you lead – not control
- Top 10 Mistakes People Make when Trying to Change Behavior
- Leadership and the New Science – Lessons for Agile Living and Thriving in Chaos
- Agilizing Your Mind: Unlearning Clutter Producing Thinking Habits