Ariane Benefit, Founder of Agile Life Design™ and AgiLiZen™ , Coach, Author, Speaker, Productivity Healer and Neurodiversity Advocate has been quoted and published extensively on the deeper emotional aspects of healing chronic disorganization, clutter and hoarding.
People who are neurodiverse (any one or combination of: gifted, sensitive, creative, non-linear thinking, ADHD, aspergers or other neurodiversity) are vulnerable to childhood traumas that impair their mechanisms for coping with being different.
Chronic disorganization, procrastination, hoarding, time management issues, depression, anxiety, addiction, eating disorders and emotional disorders are symptoms that are highly correlated with childhood trauma and Adverse Childhood Experiences (ACES) that disproportionately affect neurodiverse people.
Our western culture is extremely diverse, but does not prepare people to tolerate cognitive or neurodiversity well. We have even fewer unbiased resources to teach us how to cope with BEING neurodiverse in an way that emphasizes appreciating and cultivating the strengths that come along with our differences. Being labeled disordered often makes it even harder to cope with who we are.
We need tools and strategies that help us cope emotionally with how challenging, frustrating and resource draining it is to fit in, work with and live with the “average” population. In order to thrive, we must learn to accommodate without feeling like we need to apologize for who we are. Our lives will always require higher maintenance but that doesn’t mean we have to suffer with chronic depression, anxiety, overwhelm, frustration and exhaustion.
Agile Life Design™ and AgiLiZen™ are frameworks for using our daily lives and experiences as a laboratory for enhancing self-worth, self-respect, self-confidence and quality of life while healing the deep-seated emotional and social components of chronic disorganization, clutter, depression, anxiety, addictions, underachievement and other symptoms of childhood trauma and Adverse Childhood Experiences (ACES).
Interested in Interviewing me for your publication?
I’m always happy to speak with authors, bloggers and journalists to contribute to educating the public about the healing power of Agile Life Design™ and AgiLiZen.™
E-mail me HERE or call : 973-826-0082
Ariane Benefit, founder of Agile Life Design™ and AgiLiZen™ is a highly sought-after coach and passionate speaker. With over 30 years experience partnering with businesses, service professionals, non-profits and individuals to transform performance and get results, she has had an extraordinarily unique opportunity to study human behavior, motivation, systems design, and the impact of human interface design on our ability to change behavior and habits in hundreds of corporate, educational and non-profit contexts.
Working one-on-one with over a thousand people from all walks of life in their offices and homes using the power of design thinking to heal the traumatic patterns of chronic disorganization led her on a journey to give birth to the Agile Life Design™ framework. Agile Life Design™ provides neurodiverse people including gifted, creative personality types, ADHD and ADD with a revolutionary approach to cultivating personal effectiveness and success. Agile Life Design™ is not just a new buzzword for managing life. It’s a whole new lens for seeing yourself, your life and how to navigate it.
Ariane holds a Masters’ Degree in Education (Adult Learning, Performance Improvement, Organizational Development) AND advanced specialist certificates in ADD organizing and chronic disorganization.
She has been interviewed by and quoted in such notable publications as The Wall Street Journal, Psychology Today, and The Washington Times. Ariane also freely shares her expertise and views in the popular Neat and Simple Living Blog.
Ariane has been interviewed and quoted in:
Wall Street Journal
“Declutter Your Career To Make Way for Success”
Feb 6, 2007, page B15.
“Neat Freaks“ September/October 2006 Issue (Interviewed for Article)
Martha Stewart Living
“Conquer Paper Clutter” March 2007 (Interviewed for Article)
NPR Radio Show
The Sound of Ideas®: Friday, April 25, 2008
“Spring Cleaning” Interviewing Ariane Benefit and The Fly Lady, Marla Cilly.
Adirondak Daily Enterprise (Newspaper)
“Clutter-Free Living” May 9, 2008
“Sorting out the Problem: Clutterer VS Neat Freak “ January 30, 2008
New York NEWSDAY
“Got Office Clutter? Start the Year Organized “ December 24, 2007
Contra Costa Times (Newspaper)
“Home office organization saves time, increases efficiency” March 28, 2008
Calls my book the “Neat & Simple Guide to Organizing Your Home Office” “the Bible of Home office organization.
Orlando Sentinel (Newspaper, Senior News Producer Kris Hey did an in-depth feature interview with me for their “Help Yourself” blog.) “Q&A with NJ Organizing Coach, Ariane Benefit “ February 5, 2008
Out Here Magazine
“Create a Home Filing System” Spring 2007
Natural Home Magazine
“Clutter’s Hidden Death Toll” January 2007
Natural Home Magazine
“3 Steps to De-Clutter Your Life” Natural Home“
Quoted extensively by Misty McNally on Green Organizing & DeCluttering
“As a resource for my book, Ariane was a real find. She’s passionate about her work, respectful of her clients and full of energy and innovative ideas.”
“The Everything Home Storage Solutions Book” (Adams Media)
Public Speaking & Volunteer Work
- Career & Life Skills for Teens, United Way, Paramus, NJ, 2003 – 2004
Developed and taught a 10 week program for teens living in foster / group homes. Topics include financial literacy, entrepreneurship, filling out job applications, creating a resume, interviewing, and how to keep a job.
- 10 presentations for Toastmasters Certification, 2004
- “Volunteer Recruiting, & Retention Strategies,” Dumont Mental Health Centers, 1995
- “Fundamentals of Not-for-Profit Boards,” Hispanic Leadership Opportunity Forum, 1993
- “Building Credibility as a Performance Technologist,” Toronto, ISPI Conference, 1990
- “Addressing the Seven Aspects of Intelligence in Training,” Denver, ISPI Conference, 1989
- “CBT Screen Design Principles,” Washington, DC, ISPI Conference, 1988
PUBLISHED ARTICLES – Highlights
NJ Life and Leisure Magazine – Monthly Column
by Ariane Benefit
- “Understanding Chronic Disorganization, Part 1 “ January, 2008
- “6 Ways to Simplify Your Holiday Decorating” December 2007
- “Declutter Your Holiday Greeting Card List” November 2007
- “Taking Charge of Your Paper: The Issue of Categories ” October 2007
- “Taking Charge of Your Paper” September 2007
- “Neat & Simple Tips for Organizing School Papers” August 2007
- “Let Go of Clutter & Create Career Success Part 5, Take Charge of Your Paper “
- “Let Go of Clutter & Create Career Success Part 4, Organize Your Workspace ”
- “Let Go of Clutter & Create Career Success Part 3, De-Clutter Your Office“
- “Let Go of Clutter & Create Career Success Part 2, Set Goals You are Passionate About ” April 2007
- “Let Go of Clutter & Create Career Success Part 1, Establish Compelling Priorities“ March 2007
- “How Do I Know if I Should Keep or Let Go of My Collection?” February 2007
- “Organizing Tips For a Stress-free Tax Season” January 2007
- “20 Tips for Organizing for Simpler, Happier Holidays” December 2006
- “Choosing the Right Planner for you“ November 2006
- Choosing the right planner for Time Management, UPDATED VERSION, 2009
- “Choosing the Right Spice Storage” October 2006
- “Managing Kids’ Backpacks for School Success“ September 2006
- “Clearing Clutter Pays Off” August 2006
- “10 Most Common Filing Mistakes” July 2006
- Organizing Kids Toys” June 2006
Clutter Control Freak, Blog by Stacks and Stacks
- 6 Ways to Simplify Your Holiday Decorating December 18, 2007
- 7 Ways to Simplify Your Holiday Gift Giving November 15, 2007
- De-clutter Your Holiday Greeting Card List November 8, 2007
- 7 Neat & Simple Ways to Reduce Your Holiday Stress November 5, 2007
- Getting Started Letting Go of Clutter August 22, 2007
- 4 Neat & Simple Tips to Help Kids Organize for School Success! August 15, 2007
- Neat & Simple Tips for Preventing School Paper Clutter! August 1, 2001
Joyful Jubilant Learning Blog
- Learning from my Mistakes
Oct. 31, 2008
- Overcoming Poverty – It’s not about the money!
Oct. 15, 2008
- 5 Things I’ve Learned About “Managing My Time”
- Two Things It’s NOT Easy to be Grateful For – But I have learned to be!
November 18, 2007
- Things I Had to Unlearn Before I Could Let go of My Clutter
August 18, 2007
- 7 Lessons Learned About “Managing Time”, February 26, 2008
Let’s Chat NJ Blog
- “Organizing Paper – The issue of how to categorize paper” October 17, 2007
- “Organizing Your Paper” Part 2, September 20, 2007
- “Organizing Your Paper” Part 1, August 24, 2007
- “Help Your Kids Organize for School Success with these Neat & Simple Tips!“ August 16, 2007
Performance Improvement Related Published Articles
- “Accelerating the Instructional Design Process,“ P&I Journal, ISPI, Sept., 1995
- “Leadership and The New Science,“ Video Review for the HRD (Human Resource Development) Review, April, 1994